Q. I am a UK direct customer; can I return goods to Sweet & Maxwell and, if so, what procedure should I follow?
A. Goods may be returned to us if sold under our Satisfaction Guarantee, if they are faulty or damaged or you have been sent the wrong goods or incorrect quantity. Please return the goods within 30 days from the date of the invoice and follow the instructions below.
By following this process we will be able to track the delivery and we pay the collection charges.
- Contact Customer Service within 30 days from the date of the invoice either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the Customer Service Returns Line: 0845 303 7213 and quote the invoice number(s).
- Providing the return meets the requirements of the Returns Policy, Customer Service will pre-authorise the return and arrange free collection of the goods.
- Customer Service will send a confirmation email to you which will include a returns authorisation document, a copy of which must be enclosed in every package being returned
- All returned goods must be returned in their original condition. Please repack the goods carefully using the original and any supplementary packing (if required) and firmly seal the package.
- Please make sure that the parcel is ready for collection at the agreed collection point promptly as the courier is unable to offer specific collection times and will not automatically make a second collection attempt. Collections are usually made within 24 hours.
- Our courier, DPD will give you a receipt upon collection with a collection reference. Please keep your receipt for future reference.
- As soon as the correct goods have been received your account will be credited.
Q. How should I contact Sweet & Maxwell about returns?
A. If you have any questions about this procedure or do not have a despatch note please call Customer Service on 0845 303 7213 or email email@example.com
Q. I am an international customer or a Trade Customer; what procedure should I follow for returning goods?
A. Please contact our Trade/International Customer Service Teams for advice on the correct procedure to follow:
For more details on returns please refer to our Terms of Trading on our website.
If you have any queries, please contact either your usual Representative or our Trade Customer Service Team: